Thursday, March 12, 2009

Photoshop + Vintage cookbooks = too much fun!

Oh Boy. Look out. I’m new to Photoshop (Elements, not the full version) but today I finally learned to isolate objects in a photo, something I’ve been struggling with for a while (for such a large and complex program it’s incredible how little information is provided to learn the damn thing!).

IMG_0014

One small step for Photoshop…

meaty

One giant step for all the unfortunate projects that will now get prime examples of bad food photography slapped all over them.

IMG_0044

I’m starting off simple of course. I need to practice my “magnetic lasso” skills!

pasta

I’m working on a grocery list pad as we speak, the note-pad glue just begging to be used.

Of course I won’t neglect all the pretty food, not everyone is fond of terrible food photos like I am! But if you are one of those people, here is a Flickr photo set on awful food. More than one of them is mine :O

Now stand back while I sharpen my digital Exacto!