Monday, March 9, 2009

Micro Monday

I love taking close-ups. It forces you to find a new way of looking at things. When you get so close, you lose sight of the whole object and a shift happens. Look at a pretty object. Now get in close, really close. The beautiful object disappears and a new beauty appears. Textures, cracks, shadows, contrasts, dust suddenly stand out.

I love using this as a creative exercise using any object, the more ordinary, the better. I miss being an art student so these are my own refresher lessons. By merely changing an angle or focusing on the shadow a lovely image can appear. I doubt I will ever take product photos this close up but it certainly gives me ideas for creative shots and helps me improve my photography skills.

In any event, let Micro Monday begin!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA