Monday, March 16, 2009

Micro Monday

A few snap shots of one of my favorite cookbooks. It probably sat untouched for years on a shelf or in a box. In the short time I have had it and begun flipping through it, it’s pages it have begun to crumble and tear.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

It’s a treasure trove of ephemera – magazine clippings, can label recipes, hastily written notes on scraps of paper – it’s very hard not to flip through and admire it.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

So I found a “new” binder. It’s fairly common, the blue and white My Betty Crocker Notebook (no pictures yet, sorry). I’ve made pockets for it and I’ll begin my own little trove of clippings and internet recipes.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Maybe someday it will be found, having sat on my self or in a box for years, and will become a treasure too.