Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Gay Decorations

I thought I’d give you all a break from the food pics for a while and mix it up a bit.

IMG_0022

This is Gay Decorations with Dennison Crepe Paper, 1956.

IMG_0024

Back when crepe paper was still cool and not so flimsy you could do all sorts of things with it. This booklet gives you suggestions and directions for every type of crepe they sell.

IMG_0025

 

By far, the coolest are the streamers. Forget today’s birthday parties with a few strands of droopy crepe tacked to the walls or thrown over light fixtures. This is the serious stuff.

IMG_0023

Whole gymnasiums were decked out with crepe. The booklet even gives you  precise diagrams for different sized halls. Pictured above are the different crepe products they offer. See that large roll on the bottom. That’s 600 feet. So you can do this…

crepe

Think of all the hours (and ladders) it takes to do this. I’m impressed. Hopefully it wasn’t just wadded up after the dance and thrown out!

I have another Dennison craft booklet for the younger set I’ll share tomorrow. Unless I can’t resist the compulsion to share more ugly food for Mardi Gras :)