Saturday, April 18, 2009

Afternoon at Pike Place

For my birthday we decided to head to Seattle for the day. I have been wanting a pair of Fluevogs for years and my husband finally got tired of hearing me pine away for them. The store is only a few blocks from Pike Place Market, Seattle’s farmers market. I haven’t walked the market in a few years so we decided to play tourist.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

It was a gorgeous day finally, after such a wet spring. Everything seemed extra vibrant to me.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Below is handmade pasta. They were handing out samples of chocolate fettuccini!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA          

I wish I has the forethought to bring a cooler on the trip. Every time we come down I want to take home flowers, veggies and sea food but alas the ride home is 1 1/2 hours. I little too long to leave anything unrefrigerated.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

We really wanted one of those enormous lobster tails. One could have easily fed us both.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

After strolling around and thoroughly enjoying the sunshine and the market we had a bite to eat, looking out over the market and street below. I don’t go to the city much and a really enjoy watching people in the hustle and bustle of daily life.

Since playing tourist wouldn’t be complete without a picture of the most famous edifice in our skyline…

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Oh yes…how could I forget. I got my shoes…

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

A fantastic birthday!