Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Good Day’s Work

What a wonderful day! I love it when I can set up shop outside on our deck under my canopy. I have a hard time working indoors when the weather is nice so I sew al fresco instead!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I even used the supports as a clothes line and dried some yardage. It’s pure heaven to work with fabric that has been sun-dried! The smell! Wonderful. I worked on a few new items that should be in my shop soon.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Here’s a sneak peek at the tortilla warmers/potato bakers (above). I was only making a few because of a customer request at the Farmers Market but I love the way they turned out.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         And here is a sampling of the cotton napkins. I’ve been toying with the idea of making smaller cotton napkins for everyday use but hemming that kind of volume seemed daunting and I haven’t mastered my machine’s hemming foot yet. But I’m much faster than I thought and managed to cut, press and sew 65 napkins in 2 days, along with several of the potato bakers. Not bad!

In the heat of mid-day I took a lunch break and wandered into the garden for lunch. I’m telling you, I can’t get enough of these tasty greens! And radishes of course :)

Then it was back to work. I noticed that my companion doesn’t like to move much. Now, I hate to be one of those people who posts cutesy pictures of their pets, but she just exemplified the mood of the day.

At 11am

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

1 pm

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

3 pm

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Then she finally migrated off the astro-turf because I stepped on her. But not too far!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I think she’s forgiven me after my bright idea yesterday of hosing her down to cool her off. Well, the dog likes it anyway.

Now the sun is still beating down the west side of the house so I’m hiding from the heat for a bit, then I’ll go back to my sewing table, and the cat to her turf. Then back to the garden for dinner.

I could get used to this. Oh, yes I could.