Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Skillet Mitt Madness


These things really do drive me mad. Well, they definitely put me (here's the pun) on pins and needles. They are essentially mini oven mitts to put over the handles of hot pans. There's a lot of thicknesses to sew through on the little guys. Six, to be exact. Then when I get to the part where there is binding, it's even thicker. That little half inch causes me much anxiety as I often break needles there. On the batch shown here I only broke 3 and that's pretty good! Then I trim everything closely and turn them inside-out.

But aren't they darling! I was especially pleased with myself for thinking of displaying them on the mini skillet with clothes pins!


This is just the tip of the iceberg as I prep for this weekend's show, and for the holiday season. I've finally finished my retro packaging and it's just too darn cute. I'm so proud! But I'll wait to share that with you tomorrow :)