Sunday, October 12, 2008

Fabric Fortune Cookies - The Joy and the Anguish


Ok, I'm being a little melodramatic. But I do have a love/hate relationship with these little guys. They are low in cost but very high in labor. The fabric cutting, the fusing (stinky!), cutting all the circles (by hand!), hammering all the snaps, the printing and cutting of the fortunes, and finally assembling.


The smell makes me sick to my stomach, the cutting gives my hand blisters and the hammering gives me a headache. But how can you not love the results!


I love choosing the fabrics, the love the sound of the blade cutting the fabric layers, I love leftover fabric after the circles have been cut out, I like reading the fortunes/quotes as I'm assembling and crack myself up.


And I love the sound of "These are the cutest things I've ever seen!" That is all the reward I need.

That and $2.00 a cookie!


The cookies shown are a special order for Hunkydory Home, soon to be for sale there!