Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Grand Re-Opening!

At last! I feel like I’ve completed the move. The shop is open under the new business name (Home Deconomics) and is quickly filling with goodies.

Something I didn’t take into account was how long it takes to get a shop up and rolling. Even though I’ve been selling on Etsy for years and have just changed names, I have essentially started all over again. I have no feedback yet and very few hearts. I may lose a lot of my regular customers with this move. But it was a risk I was willing to take for the sake of my business in the long run. Please don’t forget to heart the new shop so you can find me again!

I am, however, very excited to be listing some brand new items! I gave you a sneak peek at the greeting cards last time and there are now a few listed. More of those to come as well.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Something else I’ve been working hard on is my new heavy duty craft/utility aprons! I wanted to make a durable apron to wear at shows and markets yet be cute and go with my booth decor. Then all the other vendors wanted one too. I will have plain, unadorned ones coming soon as well.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Also new to the shop: Tortilla warmers/potato bakers. Pretty handy little guys!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

And more items to come! I still need to photograph the oilcloth table runners I hinted about a few posts back and some new retro shaped placemats.

I have some fun shows and opportunities coming up this fall and winter and I’ll share those once I have more details and dates.